24-Hour Pack | 48-Hour Pack | Optional equipment
Field Certification 24-Hour Pack
Always carry on your person:
- Footwear appropriate for the season and the mission.
- Layered system of clothing appropriate for 3 seasons.
(rain/wind, insulation, underwear, hat)
- Pocket knife.
- Paper and pencil.
- Personal identification.
Whenever you leave the Unit vehicles for more than a few minutes you are required to carry the minimum equipment for your own safety. The 24-hour pack is intented to permit you to stay in the field for one 24-hour period without any resupply.
- Extra Clothing: rain gear, gloves, sweater, hat, gaiters.
- Compass, headlamp, batteries & spare bulb.
- 24-hour food supply with no cooking required, 2 liters of water, metal cup and a spoon.
- Matches in a waterproof container, candle or other fire starter.
- Sunglasses, sunscreen and chapstick.
- First aid kit: personal use items.
- Mirror and whistle.
- Tarp, tube tent or bivouac sack, sleeping pad.
- Comfort Items: toilet paper, etc.
- 25 feet of 1/8-inch nylon cord.
- 50 feet of flagging.
- Backpack large enough and strong enough to hold all of the above and still have room for Unit equipment. Should have strap system that would permit carrying a sleeping bag if required.